Monday, October 17, 2016

Goodbye 200's

Weight Today: 199
Weight Lost Past: 7 days: 4.5
Total Weight Loss: 16.5
Rate of Loss: 3.61/week
OMG!! Can I say happy dance?  I’m in the 100’s!! Holy Hannah it has been years since I have been here, and truth be told; I never thought I’d see those numbers again. Since I added the bulletproof coffee, my scale has been plummeting. I know it can’t continue at this rate, but for now; I am ecstatic.
Yesterday I was reading some of Butter Bob’s blogs. He is quite articulate on the biological and plysical properties of your body and how it process foods, especially when you are insulin resistance. One of his most interesting and helpful blogs is called “That Lying, Cheating, Dream Crushing Scale”. It helped me to understand why it appeared that my weight was not moving for 6 days. Even though it seemed like I was not losing weight, I could see that my belly was changing, so I was confused. I thought my scale was malfunctioning. I’m glad I didn’t quit, because even though I was not losing weight, I was still losing fat and that, my friends; is the purpose of a LCHF diet. While the scale had stopped moving, I was creating new body tissue and that weighs something. So the bottom line is ditch the scale, and get a tape measure instead. Watch the video. He explains it so much better than I can.

Today I started my day again with my bulletproof coffee. Boy, I think I have fallen in love with it. Lunch was again salamis and cheese. What can I say? I love that too! Dinner was a soup I threw together with stuff I had in the fridge. It was great! And hubs liked it too! Winner!

Creamy Cheddar Asparagus Bacon Brussel Sprout Soup (3-4 servings, nutritional data for 3 servings)

8 oz asapargus
1 stalk celery
2.5 ounces of Brussel Sprouts
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp chili
3 cloves chopped, smashed garlic
1 giant tablespoon dried onion
½ cup 18% cream
1 box Campbells No Salt Chicken Broth
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
½ lb bacon – 2 slices finely chopped

Chop tops from asparagus and put aside. Chop bottoms and the celery and add to stock. Finely chop bacon (reserving 2 slices for later) and add to pot. Heat until vegetables are soft and bacon is cooked. Use blender or emulsifier to blend all ingredients. Add asparagus tips and brussels sprouts which have been cut into quarters. Cook for about 5 minutes. While the soup is cooking, crisp up the two slices in the microwave, then crush into crumbs. When asparagus tips are done, add the cream and cheese. Stir until everything is incorporated. Put into bowls and sprinkle bacon bits on top. It makes 3 generous servings of 386 calories.


Today’s Totals
Calories: Fat 84g; Carbs 14g, Protein 40g
Percentages: Fat 78%; Carbs 6%; Protein 16%


No comments:

Post a Comment